Wednesday 18 April 2012

Rising up, back on the street

I went for my last run on Sunday before the big day.

I had downloaded 100 hits of the 80's to my iPod. My entire teenage life was in the 80's, so this music is very much the soundtrack of my youth.

10 miles, not too stretching, nice day.

I had already progressed through Europe, Wham and Frankie Goes to Hollywood, and had transported myself back to the days of school disco's and awkward conversations with girls.

Isn't being a teenager crap ?

I then got to the bottom of a long uphill stretch that I don't especially enjoy on my route.

The iPod burst into life....Survivor and The Eye of the Tiger.

I became Rocky Balboa.

I ran up the hill at quite a lick, and, yes, when I got to the top I raised my arms and did a few jumps with air high-fives. Bring on Mr T.**

An old lady with her dog turned back quickly and walked the other way.

I felt great, and even Rick Astley and Bucks Fizz didn't dampen my good spirits.

I am ready for combat next Sunday morning.

Ding ding.

**Please note, if you have never seen all of the Rocky Movies, these references are meaningless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers