Monday 9 January 2012

Outdoor sauna anyone ?

I am off to Singapore on business this weekend.
I have always loved it there. It was my first 'proper' business trip many years ago, and I spent a prolonged period there in the 90's. It was the start of a love affair with the place, and I am lucky to still have reason to visit regularly now.

I would recommend anyone to take a trip at some point in their life.

I shall be packing my running gear this trip so I can take some runs along the Singapore river early in the morning before work, and indeed before it really heats up.

Singapore is equatorial in climate. It is a constant temperature all year round. Somewhere between 28 and 32 degrees is typical. And 80%+ humidity. It rains quite a lot too. Proper hard rain.

That will make it a bit like running in a sauna.

Whilst jet-lagged.

It will probably be quite hard going, but I imagine it will be very good for my sinuses and skin.

I don't expect to be confronted by the same conditions in London on 22nd April, but you never know after this 'winter' and with the ice-caps melting at pace.

I think Chinese New Year celebrations will start when I am there so I shall also attempt to upload a colourful picture or two in my next blog.

This does depend on me getting the hang of my new phone which seems to have more technology built into it than I am ever likely to need in my life - unless I choose to launch a space rocket. 
It also makes phone calls apparently.

I shall ask my ten-year-old for guidance on it before I leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers