Monday 12 March 2012

"Whoa oh, we're half way there...."

Silverstone Half Marathon, Sunday 11th March.

Several thousand runners.

I joined the back of the crowd with a mixture of excitement and nervousness about whether my body would hold up.

The sun was shining and the mood of the crowd was very jolly.

I ran around with Status Quo and Elvis Presley.

No, not delirious - on the Ipod.

I shall watch the British Grand Prix with more interest now I have actually run the circuit. I believe they do what took me a couple of hours in about 30 seconds.

I enjoyed myself a lot, but struggled from mile 10 onwards. Need a bit more fitness for the London Marathon itself.

I finished though - 2 hours 46 minutes. Not great, but fine for now.

I was narrowly beaten by a giraffe and Percy Pig - still not delirious, charity runners.

It seemed most of the runners were charity of one sort or another, and I had a fantastic renewal in my feeling that there are a lot of good people in the World.

All in all very uplifting.

I recommend you do it yourself next year. If you are delirious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers