Tuesday 8 November 2011

Fell at the first hurdle

Week One 16th October -  training starts.

I recall I have a gym membership I am paying for every month.

I'll probably get up there today and ease myself into a light treadmill run and bike ride.
Maybe a nice sauna afterwards, but resist the pint in the bar and instead have a fruit juice.

Filled with a new sense of purpose I get out of bed and immediately fall down my stairs.

I land fairly hard on my back.

Hard enough to wiggle my fingers and toes before attempting to move, just in case.

I had hurt myself. I knew it wasn't a quick fix either. I couldn't even get my socks on through the pain, let alone try any exercise.

I visited my physio a couple of days later -  I hadn't seen him since the previous year when I performed a knee slide across a dance floor with the kids at a friends wedding and popped my knee ligaments.

He advised me that I had 'knocked' three of my ribs forward slightly in the fall and he could manipulate them back, which he did.

I told him I was running  the London Marathon.

He laughed.

2 comments:

  1. Post some photos to help us track your fitness progress.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plan to do so once I fully understand how this blog thing works !

    ReplyDelete

Followers